Execellence is NEVER an accident; it is the RESULT of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction, skillful execution and the vision to see obstacles as opportunities

~Hustle Wisely While Young~


Saturday, February 23, 2008

~26~ INTENTION

Setting an INTENTION is very different from having an AGENDA. How I get to know this?

  • During my Chinese New Year celebration, as usual, I continue doing what I used to enjoy most - cooking for the family, meals for 13 adults and 18 children. In my past year, I picked up recipes and cooking details from books, newspaper cutting, TV programs and friends. I ran around to source ingredients every where few weeks before Chinese New Year. I felt excited, stressful, heavy and over responsible. What is in my thought are : Why should I cook? Restaurants and food stores are available even though it is holidays, unlikely 10 years ago, Chinese truly rest during New Year and nobody is working, every household will cook their own dishes otherwise no food.
  • What's made me felt interesting about is, after celebrations and cooking, I always have lots of left over ingredients, which I don't need AT ALL and I don't like the access of ingredients because they cannot last long. However, it just happened.
  • This year, I throw away my agenda on what I want to cook and no recipes. I just prepare some ingredients, which from my experiences, I don't think I could get it in Bidor. And I created an intention as simple as - I will cook lovely, delicious, tasty yet nutritious food for my family.
  • Here it goes, GREAT meals, lunch, dinner with desserts that suits everyone taste, depending on that day conditions, when majority of us having heated up with our body, I changed fry chicken to stew chicken. That made a BIG different for myself and my family.
I created lots of sweetener in my meals, the desserts is lovely and SWEET for the soul. (the food in the pictures are not cook by me, my desserts are white fungus with green apples, longan with pandan syrup, caramel eggs custard)

No comments: